I know that to all of you who know me really well, it would sound crazy if I told you that I hadn't been camping is almost four years. Growing up, I don't think there was a summer where I missed out on camping. But it's true... the last time James and I went camping was with Annie and Drew not long after Tyler was born in 2005. Since then, I've just been busy with having my own kids. But this year I finally worked up the courage to go camping with my kids. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. (I've heard stories about kids who sleepwalk and go out of their tents at night and drowned by whatever water they are camping near!) Anyway, we went south (4 hours drive) to Moab Utah and camped alongside the Colorado river. By April it was warm enough for camping in southern Utah. We visited the Arches National Park and had lots of fun. It was hard work carrying the boys around since we couldn't use strollers to see most of the sights, but it was still lots of fun. Heather even came along. I was about 5 months pregnant with Tristan so having Heather there was great help for me! (Thanks Heather!) We stayed for 3-4 days. The boys were filthy dirty when we got back home. I've never used so many baby wipes in one weekend! They had a blast though. What goes together better than boys and dirt? All in all, it was lots of work and fun but I think maybe we'll do it again when our kids can all walk by themselves. And as for camping? We'll stick to closer, less strenuous camping sites!
Wednesday, October 7, 2009
Our first camping trip with our kids!
I know that to all of you who know me really well, it would sound crazy if I told you that I hadn't been camping is almost four years. Growing up, I don't think there was a summer where I missed out on camping. But it's true... the last time James and I went camping was with Annie and Drew not long after Tyler was born in 2005. Since then, I've just been busy with having my own kids. But this year I finally worked up the courage to go camping with my kids. It wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. (I've heard stories about kids who sleepwalk and go out of their tents at night and drowned by whatever water they are camping near!) Anyway, we went south (4 hours drive) to Moab Utah and camped alongside the Colorado river. By April it was warm enough for camping in southern Utah. We visited the Arches National Park and had lots of fun. It was hard work carrying the boys around since we couldn't use strollers to see most of the sights, but it was still lots of fun. Heather even came along. I was about 5 months pregnant with Tristan so having Heather there was great help for me! (Thanks Heather!) We stayed for 3-4 days. The boys were filthy dirty when we got back home. I've never used so many baby wipes in one weekend! They had a blast though. What goes together better than boys and dirt? All in all, it was lots of work and fun but I think maybe we'll do it again when our kids can all walk by themselves. And as for camping? We'll stick to closer, less strenuous camping sites!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment